Description
The construction project of 1871 involved the building of two lighthouses, the alignment of which marked the entrance to the harbour: the square tower at Croas Malo and, at the headland, the small square-section lighthouse, which, having been deemed too small, was replaced by a second, round-section lighthouse measuring 7.20 metres at the far end of the enclosure. It was completed in 1902, and the first lighthouse was taken out of service. The lighthouse keeper lived in the large rectangular tower at Croas Malo.
The lighthouse is open to the public for self-guided tours in summer.










