This exceptional site comprises 3 lighthouses, including Eckmühl and the Old Lighthouse. The Old Lighthouse offers an exhibition on the history of lighthouses and exhibitions of contemporary art.
CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO MILITARY ACTIVITIES FROM 30/08 AT 7.00 pm FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD.
The Old Lighthouse was inaugurated in 1835. It remained in operation until the Eckmühl Lighthouse came into service on 17 October 1897.
From the 1990s onwards, it became a maritime discovery centre, housing a permanent exhibition on the history of lighthouses on the ground floor and temporary exhibitions of contemporary art on the first floor.
In 2021, the Town of Penmarc’h launched a major restoration programme, supported by the Fondation du Patrimoine Bretagne through an online fundraising campaign.
On 19 February 2025, a new lantern was installed. The Old Lighthouse has regained the grandeur of its original construction.
As part of its reopening in 2026, visits will be limited to access to the lantern, as the exhibition spaces are still undergoing restoration.
Due to the layout of the monument (very narrow ladders), the tour may not be suitable for everyone, particularly those with mobility difficulties or who feel uncomfortable in confined spaces.
Tours are organised in 30-minute slots and access is limited to 18 people.