Port de Saint-Pierre Pays Bigouden sud

Port de Saint-Pierre

in Penmarch

  • The harbour at Saint-Pierre, at the foot of Eckmühl lighthouse, illustrates what a fishing port used to be like at the beginning of the last century. The magnificent site comprises the chapel with its watchtower, which served as a signalling station during the 18th and 19th centuries before the tall neighbouring semaphore station was built, lighthouses and the little harbour. The nearby lifeboat station at Saint-Pierre, which was opened in 1901, has now been restored and houses the only...
    The harbour at Saint-Pierre, at the foot of Eckmühl lighthouse, illustrates what a fishing port used to be like at the beginning of the last century. The magnificent site comprises the chapel with its watchtower, which served as a signalling station during the 18th and 19th centuries before the tall neighbouring semaphore station was built, lighthouses and the little harbour. The nearby lifeboat station at Saint-Pierre, which was opened in 1901, has now been restored and houses the only rowing lifeboat in full working order on the whole coast of France. The harbour has 20 moorings for pleasure boats.
  • Access
    • Airport/airfield at 28 km
    • Railway station at 33 km
    • Shops at 300 m
    • Public transport at 300 m
    • Beach at 0 m
  • Environment
    • At the seaside
    • On a port
    • Direct access to the beach

Openings

Ouvert toute l'année.